Now that marching season has ended we can devote our time and energy to the TMEA All-State process. We will have sectionals for everyone auditioning for Region Band. The schedule is as follows and they will continue until Region Band Auditions on December 5,6.
- Tuesday 7:45 - 8:45 Saxophone
- Tuesday 4:20 - 5:20 Trumpet/Horn
- Wednesday 7:45 - 8:45 Flute
- Thursday 7:45 - 8:45 Clarinet
- Friday 7:45 - 8:45 Tuba/Bass Clar/Double Reed, Tbn/Euph
We will decide on a time for the percussion sectional and post it ASAP.
CONGRATULATIONS WHEATEN WILLS!
Wheaten auditioned into the Region Jazz Band on Bass Trombone and is also 5th chair in the state! This makes him the first alternate to perform in the All-State Jazz Band in February.
Please read the Maverick Band Handbook for this year as students will be held to these expectations. It is downloadable from our Charms area as well.
Maverick Band Guide Available
Please check out the Maverick Band Guide and Welcome Letter. This is mostly designed as an informational packet for incoming freshmen/transfer students and their parents but is definitely a resource for any members of the band and guard. If you have any questions about the McNeil Band please do not hesitate to contact a director. Thanks.
Update Your "Charms" Database Info
We need everyone, especially our new members, to update their information in our database. Our only way of communication is through your personal emails. If those our not kept current then you won't receive our newsletters or our reminder emails of upcoming events. We would also like all of our parents to fill in the fields asking about your occupation. We would like to be able to utilize the special skills of our parents and this helps us to identify those skills. If you are unsure of how to update your "Charms" info check out the last post at the bottom of this column.
ENSURE THAT YOUR CONTACT INFO IS CORRECT IN CHARMS
1, 2, 3...it's that easy! Members & Families, this is how you do it:
- Click on the "Enter Charms Area" button, in the menu bar to the right on the www.mcneilband.org website
- Enter your RRISD six digit ID in the student password box
- Click on the "Personal Info" button. This will bring you to your profile page. Please update ALL information -- even your shirt size! Double-check all email addresses and phone numbers. Enter your phone numbers in the format 512-XXX-XXXX for our audition entry purposes.
Keeping your Charms profile updated with your correct contact information is the only way to ensure you receive all the latest McNeil Band news. If you can't enter the area, then please email one of the band directors with your correct ID number and they can fix the problem.
Don't forget to check the Band/Guard Website and Charms calendar OFTEN for current information and updates!